Total population of Tapi is 806,489 as per latest provisional figures released by Directorate of Census Operations in Gujarat. This shows increase of 12.07 percent in 2011 compared to figures of 2001 census. The initial figures of data shows that male and female were 402,398 and 404,091 respectively. Tapi District of Gujarat comprises an area of 3,435 sq.km. As per census 2011, density of Tapi District per square km is 249 compared to 222 per sq.km of 2001.
Sex ratio of girls in Tapi district per 1000 boys was recorded 1004 i.e. an increase of 8 points from the figure of 2001 census which puts it at 996.
In 2011 census, data of Tapi district regarding child under 0-6 age were also collected. There were total 84,553 children under age of 0-6 against 99,008 of 2001 census. Of total 84,553 male and female were 43,497 and 41,056 respectively. Child Sex Ratio as per census 2011 was 944 compared to 951 of census 2001. Children’s proportion in total population was around 1.34 percent. This figure was around 1.42 percent as per 2001 census.
In education sector, Tapi District is having average literacy rate of 69.23 percent. Male literacy and female literacy were 76.86 and 61.69 percent respectively. In all, there were total 499,811 literates compared to 354,064 literates of 2001 census.
Highlights of 2011 Census
- Total population is 806,489 compared to 719,634 of 2001.
- Male and female were 402,398 and 404,091 respectively.
- Population Growth for Tapi District recorded in 2011 for the decade has remained 12.07 percent. Same figure for 1991-2001 decade was 14.78 percent.
- Total Area of Tapi District was 3,435 with average density of 249 per sq. km.
- Tapi Population constituted 1.34 percent of total Gujarat Population.
- Sex Ratio of Tapi District is now 1004, while child sex ratio (0-6) is 944 per 1000 boys.
- Children below 0-6 age were 84,553 which forms 10.48 of total Tapi District population.
- Average Literacy rate for Tapi District is 69.23 percent, a change of from past figure of 57.05 percent. In India, literacy rate is counted only for those above 7 years of age. Child between 0-6 ages are exempted from this.
- Total literates in the Tapi District increased to 499,811.
- All the data regarding Tapi District Population were released by Directorate of Census Operations in Gujarat.
For more information kindly visit Tapi district.